Skip to main content

MOOC Completions

I started MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) on 9/17/12.
My first course was "Introduction to Mathematical Thinking" by Keith Devlin of Stanford.

The following is the list of courses I have completed thus far. I will keep adding to this list as I complete more. Most courses were from Coursera (www.coursera.com). I have begun to take some courses from EdX (www.edx.org). The EdX courses will be marked in Bold Red.
Not all courses offer distinction.  The ones where I got distinction are indicated in the course title.

         
No. Course School Weeks Start
1 Intro to Mathematical Thinking (Distinction) Stanford 7 9/17/12
2 Intro to Genetics and Evolution (Distinction) Duke 10 10/10/12
3 Drugs and Brain Caltech 10 12/1/12
4 Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention UC SF 6 1/28/13
5 Energy 101 (Distinction) Georgia Institute of Tech. 9 1/28/13
6 Introduction to Engineering Mechanics (Distinction) Georgia Institute of Tech. 5 2/25/13
7 How Things Work 1 (Distinction) UVA 6 3/4/13
8 Understanding Einstein: The Special Theory of Relativity Stanford 8 4/8/13
9 Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology) U of Maryland 6 4/22/13
10 Intro to Biology - Secret of Life (EdX - MIT) MIT 15 3/5/13
11 Useful Genetics U of British Columbia 12 5/1/13
12 Cardiac Arrest, Hypothermia, Resuscitation Science U Penn 6 5/20/13
13 Sustainability of Food Systems U Minnesota 8 6/14/13
14 Epigenetic Control of Gene Expression (Distinction) Melbourne 6 7/1/13
15 Programmed cell death (Distinction) LMU 6 7/15/13
16  (Distinction)Nutrition and Physical Activity for Health U of Pittsburgh 7 7/15/13
17 Virology I: How Viruses Work (Distinction) Columbia 11 8/1/13
18 Prep for Intro Biology - DNA to Organisms (Distinction) UC Irvine 4 8/26/13
19 From Big Bang to Dark Energy (Distinction) UC Berkley 4 9/3/13
20 Care of Elders with Alzheimer's disease Johns Hopkins 5 10/14/13

Comments